06 July 2011

22

Spending a rather large amount of my time at work, I associate with a majority of college aged humans. They're great, and we all love each other, but they make me feel a lot like a child, which indeed I am, but coming right out of the top of the food chain known as high school, child-like is a strange and abnormal feeling.

I suppose that I should have seen this coming... Everyone else did.

When invited to participate in activities by a college aged co-worker, I was never sure what to expect. All I knew was that she is practically a big sister to me, and that her 5 foot 3 inch fury would take out anyone who hurt me. What she had in store for me though... Still throws me for a loop.

1st outing. We barely talked, but exchanged a few glances.
2nd outing. We teased and laughed, he pulled several tricks that made me scream, and he held me in front of park sprinklers more than once. He got my number.
3rd outing. He took me to a gathering of a few of his co-workers. Board games and fireworks. He left with a burn on the side of his neck.
4th outing. He had the brilliant idea to take me longboarding down Provo Canyon. I now have no skin on my right knee and forearm. Countless questions and answers were exchanged between one another and we realized we had a lot more in common than expected.

This Texan has indeed thrown me for a loop. Who knows what is to come.
2 more things.
He's 22.
RM.

I laughed at the thought of a situation like this merely weeks ago. And now look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment