13 March 2011

Stealing Happy Hours

311. Courtesy of Erin.
Losing an hour of sleep is not my cup of tea.

I suppose a bit of my exhaustion is my own fault. Softball bonding weekend, a new tradition to this season was this weekend. So was my youth conference. I stayed up til 12 or 1 with my girls, to then wake at 7 so as to be at the best of EFY at 8:15. Then I worked my little tail of during a one day wonder. I felt bad leaving 2 overflowing carts and 3 racks of random clothes for the closing shift.... Then off to more youth conference to learn about dating from 4 newlywed couples. Oh what a hoot. And then I conversed with Becca for a few hours late into the night. Although all my fault and am feeling it now, no thanks to Ben Franklin, the weekend was well worth it.
I might have dozed off folding t-shirts at work
I might have left my phone on loud so that the hundreds of kids at EFY could hear Despicable Me minions laughing
I might have understood a total of 4 words from a co-worker with a thick Portuguese accent, which I normally have no problem understanding
I might have said many many things I should have kept inside over the course of the weekend
I might have been too blunt one too many times.
But I received several comments at work about my face being tan.
It was a worthwhile weekend. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment