07 March 2011

Hobo You Can't Ride This Train

Louis Armstrong

Being the sort of small town girl that I am, hobo's seem to fascinate me. Living your life out of a shopping cart, and often relying on kindness for your next.... meal.... I've considered becoming a hobo for a week or so. Just to see how it really is. And after this weekend, this idea made it's way onto my bucket list. And possibly my 2011 summer bucket list.

Walking across a bridge in San Fransisco, a bush isn't an odd item to see. There are plants everywhere. You see this bush and it's reasoning for being placed there doesn't even begin to cross your mind. You walk across the bridge, getting closer and closer to the bush. Once you're about 3 feet from the bush. The bush jumps out at you and yells. You scream and run, turn around and realize the bush was really a toothless black hobo with nothing better to do than to sit on a bridge with a fake bush and scare pedestrians. My new hero. And I thought even more of him when we returned to that pier a couple days later and he was walking down the street carrying his bush. I now know what I want to do with the rest of my life.

The homeless were everywhere. Some were very entertaining. Some had signs for food, others were honest and asked for money for booze. We all have our priorities right?

No comments:

Post a Comment